Friday, June 28, 2013

A day at the lake



Life's been busy. Work. Kids. More work. house. yard. animals. no sleep... Sometimes life just seems so busy. I forget to STOP. Take a deep breath and enjoy the small moments. I want to always remember to find time to enjoy each of those things. I make a conscious effort every day to do this. To count those blessings. Because some people aren't able to have children. Some can't find a job. Some don't have a home.  I am imensly grateful for each of the things that keep me busy. In between the busy comes the best moments. Sometimes the busy are the best moments. The best memories. My little family makes me so happy. Yes I get emotional even typing this:) We have built so many memories. And the love I have for my children can't even be typed into words. My heart feels these deep deep emotions for their little souls... Sometimes I can't even target the right word. Just feel it in my heart. In my soul.

Enjoying family... The beginning of Summer. Means a start to our bucket list of adventure. First on the list. The lake!  We had a few fun weekends dedicated to time spent on the water. My parents, aunt & uncle, my cousins, all of my sisters (minus Andee... I will have to dedicate a post all about how much I miss her:) and best of all (in my kids minds) their cousins.

These memories. These moments are so important to me. I LOVE to see how excited my kids get when they see their cousins. To see the happy smile that comes when we say they are coming down to play. Packing up the car. Making food. trecking up the canyon... Unloading the car to complete Beauty! There is nothing like popping open that camping chair and setting up shop for the day. Senery... Panoramic mountain views, the lake, wild flowers, trees so many trees and best of all... those tiny people of mine. Running through the water, catching bugs, playing swords with their sticks, laughing, chatting with each other in that tiny person chat.

This Summer seems to already be slipping away. Sometimes it feels like time speeds up when the weather is finally nice enough to enjoy:)








 I hope that I let my children know how important it is to just stop for a moment. Enjoy the outdoors, enjoy each other, enjoy the simple moments!


Vivian and Daddy paddle boating.





Cool evening air. Snuggling my chubby baby in a cozy blanket. This is what I love.


Cold water on a hot day. crisp watermelon. Building memories with my babies.


Searching for dead fish in the water.




It was so nice to stop and enjoy the lake. To take in the beauty of the day and to build memories with the people I love most.

Days will always be busy. There will always be laundry to fold. Dishes to me cleaned and papers to organize. For me. It's important to take a break from the crazy. From the stress. To enjoy life. Nature and Family!
Photobucket

1 comment :

jessica&john.com said...

We are kindred spirits in so many ways. Among other things we both love being outdoors with our little families.
I am so jealous of your paddle board. I heard that is the best ab workout. Something I NEED right now after the 4 candy bars I ate tonight. Something about being at the inlaws makes me want to eat LOTS of chocolate;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...