Monday, July 15, 2013

In the eyes of a child




A few nights ago we were all relaxing on our front lawn enjoying a yummy shaved ice. Trev and I were talking about things we want to do with the kids. Adventures we want to take. Mentally making a list of things to do places to go. Trev said something about someday. Someday when we have enough money... Vivian reached around his neck, gave him a big hug and said "but dad you have money's already. You have money's in the car" (You know... the change strewn in little cubbies) Yes sweet girl we do have "moneys". Those shiny pennies, nickles and dimes sure do look like a lot to a child. To a child even something small seems so big. Those few pennies to us "adults" seem so insignificant. But to that tiny person, those pennies could buy a whole lot of something great.





So I decided. I'm not going to mention not having enough "moneys" to my kids. I'm going to take them to get that ice cream, to go to that museum... even if I have to scrape the last penny I have. I don't want them to know we don't quite have enough pennies. I just want them to enjoy the memory. Life soon enough will show them the stress of "moneys". So for now. I want them to enjoy the innocence of thinking that simple penny can buy something great:)

Something great was a new puppy. When I was counting the cash to buy him, Maddi reached in his cup holder (his money bank:) and gave me a penny... "here mom now you can buy him" he said. That shiny penny is just what I needed! Thanks Maddi for showing me hope... that even the tiniest amount can get us a lot. Even if that lot of something is a great memory.




And speaking of memories. 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. The heat, bbq's, fireworks, kids laughing, family time. I soak up the details and traditions. For years Trev's family has spent the the 4th of July in Midway at grandpa Bob & Alice's home. So so amazing. One of my very favorite places to be:) So sticking with tradition and loving where we were. Midway was just as beautiful as we had hoped and the company was even better.




To be a child again... Care free, giggling at everything, running free!


The Midway house is right next to the golf course... When it's closed let the kids try their golfing skills. Their favorite. Running, and running on the course. Then finding gold balls in grandpa's field.




Such a happy baby... And that chubbiness. Oh that super cute chubbiness. I will be sad when I don't have rolls to squeeze.




Searching for golf balls. They could spend hours. Searching and searching.

Another fun year. Lot's of fun memories to put in our time capsule.

 To my babies. I hope you enjoy your time being young. I hope that we can mark off many of our "bucket list" adventures. Don't forget that "moneys" don't always buy you happiness. It's all in your perspective. And Maddi... that penny you lent me sure did buy us a super cute puppy:)


2 comments :

jessica&john.com said...

Your blog looks beautiful. Thanks for the sweet reminder of what is important. I am so glad you are back to blogging and you are sharing your mothering with the world. You truly inspire. I am so happy you had a great surprise party. I wish I could have been there. I can't wait to read lots more posts!

Diana said...

I'm liking your blog make-over. Keep updating. I wanna hear & see more about Maddox's bike race.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...