Friday, May 4, 2012

Inspired, memories...
These are just a few words to think about


I started to write this post on 2.29.12... And am now getting to the final post today 4.4.12!

 To put it up and accomplish my goal of posting every month is about 2 months behind. No biggie... at least I did it right:) Today I had lunch with some really great women. After talking they made me want to find the time... Thanks to you girls for chatting, for the girl time we all so desperately need. Let's do it more often:) 


Lately I have been thinking about memories. You know those little moments... Like when Vivian says "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" when Trevor asks her if she wants to take the dog for a walk or when that chubby little finger points onto the palm of her hand to signify "more" in sign language while saying "mo mo". Or Maddix "Squeezing my face and saying Heart Soul baby girl"... Every night before bed I tell him I love you with all my heart and all my soul. It eventually got shortened to "Heart, Soul" or "Silly girl you forgot to turn the button on" Those are our memories. Some don't quite make sense to anyone else. But to us... They are the small moments that make our little family "us".

                               ~ Vivian's one year pictures... her birthday post will be coming soon~

Harry Potter and the half-blood prince movie came to mind when I thought about memories. Weird right!  The "memory Pool" release a few drops of liquid into a pot, stick your head in and instantly go back to a memory.... almost like you were right there feeling, living that memory all over again. I wonder what memories I would want to bottle up. What memories will be forgotten that shouldn't have.

It seems in life we remember those life altering moments. The ones that bring us to our knees. The ones that leave either a really great feeling of love, calmness or laughter. Or the latter... the ones that leave that bitter taste, the twirl in our bellies. Those are the big moments that seem to stick with us forever.

But what about those small moments. The ones like I meantioned above. Those define us in more ways than we think. How can I create my own "memory pool" how can I not only remember the big earth shattering moment but hold onto those super simple, so amazing moments?

~ This is one simple memory to remember. This pictures says a thousand words... Maddix was running circles around Viv making funny sounds, she was laughing hystarically. Him ending up in 90% of the images was just so them~

Pictures, writing them down, talking about them, this blog! I meantioned in my earlier post that I want to be better about our "families journal". This is another step in reaching that goal. To write about "our" memories. To fill a new vile of memories to drop into our memory pool. Someday, when I look back and read this I want to be taken back to that day, to those feelings, to not just vaughly remember. I want to feel them completely.

I have been into this "Inspirational" need. It seems like I lack in so many ways. I , as most of us do want to be better at what I do. For me. I want to be a better Mom, writer, cook, organizer of home and bills, photographer. The list could go on. I have found a few avenues that have totally inspired me and helped me to start on this new path. That old dusty path that hasn't been walked on for some time. The one that you almost can't see the paved trail anymore. Well. I have put on those damn walking shoes and am now ready to hit the trail.


I would love it if more of us shared ways that we get inspired. Ways that we get through those crazy days when we have cleaned the house fifty times and still have a slew of toys strewn on the ground. How do you do it? I asked a group of friends that recently. What if you shared with each other more. We are all good at something. Let's share how we do it.

I read a few inspirational blogs almost on a daily basis. I love to hear words of encouragement. I love to be inspired by new and unique photography styles. I want to learn how to save money better. Each of these sights are different avenues for me to try and better myself in some way. Big or small. At least I make the effort.

....



~She loves to tickle her face with grass... this is always the exact little eye closed open mouth super cute face she always gets~

Life is about our memories. Let's make some great ones and have fun doing it:)








4 comments :

Marci and Matt said...

I just LOVE reading your posts! You word things so beautifully and you are very inspiring :) So glad we got together before I move... Let's plan a time to do it again!!

Andee Tims said...

Thanks for bringing me to tears yet again!! I love it! I find myself thinking the same thing about memories...if only I could keep them clear. Talking to loved ones is always a great way to stay in the moment, as I always feel when I talk to you! Love your guts!! I can't get over how cute those pictures are!!
Love, Andee

Diana said...

Post something new Abs. I love the picture above of the kids' feet. Lulu's chubby little ankles are killing me with cuteness.

jessica&john.com said...

You really are a great writer, Abbie! And these pictures melt my heart. They should be hung in the louver.
For me blogs really are the best way to bottle memories and count your blessing. We really have so much to learn from each other. Again, thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...