Tuesday, July 19, 2011

{Be open to collaboration. Other people and other people's ideas are often better than your own. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you. Spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life. No one is here today because they did it on their own. ...take your risks now. As you get older, you become more fearful and less flexible..."}

The quote above sums up how I have been feeling lately....

Have you ever sat in front of your computer, the curser blinking, blinking... waiting for you to just type, something, anything!

You know you have ideas, thoughts that just need to be expressed. But why the mind block?

I have done this a lot lately. For lack of time, or not quite knowing how to put my feelings into words. I have had so much to be grateful for. A lot of things have happened over the past few months that have just put the importance of "living life" "enjoying the simple things" into a brighter light.

I have found my recent inspiration.

Her name is Kelle and if she lived in Utah I might be tempted to knock on her door... Even though we have never met she feels like a kindred spirit.Because this woman captures EXACTLY how I feel and does it in such a great way. We could be BFF's if she knew who I was:)


My friend shared her love of her blog: (www.kellehampton.com) I completely LOVE the way she puts life into such a wonderful lite. I admire her ability to express herself through words and pictures. Her love for life, family,friends, for enjoying the simple moments and of course her photography. With two children she still finds the time to blog, to write it all down... ohhh how I am trying to work on this one!

Before I read her blog I was in a creative slump. I have so many thoughts and ideas that are aching to break free. I always have an excuse... Too busy with kids, dinner needs to be made, too tired... desperatly need sleep:)

After reading her blog I was inspired again. It helped me realize, I can find time for the things I love. I can be a better writer (My goal... a quiet dream I haven't shared very often) I so long to be more eliquent in my words. To really express my feelings by writing, typing. To just express my creative side.

Most of all I can be better at what I love (mommy and photography) Again I have an excuse. Rushing out the door, toddler in one hand, baby in car seat screaming in the other. I don't grab for my camera. I have often felt to hectic. Felt like another thing on my shoulder will honestly send me tumbling to the floor. So I leave my passion. Leave it sitting in it's case longing to caputure our life's moments. And when I do, I miss those oh so treasured memories that I could have captured as seen through my lens.

Being a mom has changed my life. Completely. Perfectly changed it! I am in love with being a mom. To squeeze that chubby little hand, to kiss that soft cheek and to just hold my babies makes my heart so content. I have found my life's calling...

When you are young you have all these "perfect" ideals of parenthood. "I won't give them candy until they are 5" You know silly thoughts like that. But really when it comes down to it... enjoying, letting loose and just being are better alternatives. Being a perfect parent isn't in my cards. But loving their stinking guts and teaching them all I can will hopefully someday be precious to them.


My friend who shared her info with me is another woman who inspires me. Who is just one of those kindred spirits who you gravitate towards. We had that best friend connection from the very first day... I will miss you Jess! I am so glad she had the guts to call and ask to "hang out" . Sometime I wonder if I could have been so bold and if she hadn't. I wouldn't have her as a friend. She is on to new adventures (1 month vaca in the bahamas, A bright new life in Texas and then onto a serious adventure overseas) Thank you for being my creative inspiration!

So my point to all this blabbing:)

Find that friend, family member, blog, anything that inspires you. Someone or something That make us want to be better at what we do.

Don't let your passion fall to the way side. Don't always have an excuse. Find time for it. Embrace it. Love it.



Photobucket

4 comments :

{McGinty's} said...

thanks for the perfect reminder. love you!

mcjenn said...

What a nice post. I have always dreamed of having the ability to write too. You already have it - what beautiful words you write.

jessica&john.com said...

Abbie, this post made my day/week/month. Out of all my friends, I miss you the most! I seriously think you are an artistic mastermind and I miss our mommy play dates. Whenever I came home I had new ideas on mothering. Whenever I read your photography blog I was inspired to take pictures, and your blog is always so uplifting with darling pics of your fam. Please keep at it!!! For my sake in Texas. You are crazy talented and I know you are soooo busy with your little ones, but you're my real life Kelly Hampton. So please keep at it. I think you should take your blog off private too, b/c sooo many people could benefit from your inspiration and talents. I always want to send my friends and fam here. I hope we can talk soon. I miss you!

Marci and Matt said...

Abbie-- You are amazing and I love how you express your thoughts so perfectly! I loved reading this post! I hope you are all doing well-- lets plan a lunch with Clenece soon because I want to see you and meet your new little one =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...