Monday, September 20, 2010

To Just ENJOY the SIMPLE things in life.....

Maybe to stop an count my many blessings


I watch my baby every day and wish that I could enjoy life as much as he does.

To gasp in happiness over the sight of the Moon at night, to chase a dog around and around the yard giggling like crazy , to love uncondishionally, to eat a piece of melon and say "mmmmm" the entire time (even if it is dripping excessivly down my chin), to LOVE bouncing on a fluffy bed, to point to a painting of a horse and say "ohhhhh" over and over.... To shake it loose and not care who is watching.

These are the moments that Maddix enjoys. The simple things that put a big smile on his face.

These are the things you don't seem to stop and enjoy or even think about enjoying

I stopped to wonder. To think, why can't I enjoy my simple moments more.

The answer was simple.

I can and I will.


So here are a few of the moments that I have enjoyed. Some simple some an amazing memory to cherish...


* I had a nap. I had a BIG to do list but brushed it aside. I cuddled up to my little baby and slept the afternoon away.


* I sat up at 11:00 at night. Watched my favorite tiviod shows and ate a giant piece of chocolate cake.


*I stared at my fridge and felt so much love and gratitude for all the people in the pictures


*I sat on the living room floor in the middle of a mass of toys and just read books with Maddix, while eating goldfish out of a tiny bowl


*I had lunch with a great friend, took our kids to the park, watched them play sticks in the sand and had a great girls talk.... we all need these days

*I tried to clean my babies room while he tore apart the folded clothes


*I told Maddix that mommy really needed a kiss and a love. he ran to me with this HUGE smile, wrapped his arms around me and gave me a big kiss

*I looked at the ultrasound picture of my growing baby and cried because I knew how blessed I am to be having another... truly blessed


*I picked tomatoes in our garden with Maddix. I handed him one. He took one look held it up and said "mato"


I wake up everyday to this beautiful baby boy who ALWAYS gives me this larger than life smile and then wants to cuddle and just hold his mommy. I anticipate 48hours being over so that I can kiss my handsome husband. I look forword to Trev's time off so that we can be together as a family. I enjoy my once a week date night with Trev... even if it's movie night at home, I enjoy girls time with my sisters, mom and friends.

I have all this love and get to share it with this tiny amazing little baby that's on it's way.... I cannot wait!



This all might seem a little boring to you. But to me. To my family. These are the moments that define us. That build our memories and bring us closer together. I hope that we can all take time out of our busy day to stop and enjoy more simple things. To love the one's we have and to enjoy our life with them.


-After writing this post my friend Jessica sent me this link (www.kellehampton.com) the title is Enjoying The Simple Things.

How perfect. What an incredible woman. Read her amazing stories. We even have the same playlist:)



5 comments :

jessica&john.com said...

This list is beautiful Abbie. I am always inspired by your example and I am so thankful you are a few months ahead of me in motherhood so I can follow your lead. And, I am so glad we can enjoy a few of the "small things" together with our little boys. I've been thinking about you and hoping you've been feeling better. I love the 15 month pics. Maddix is such a stud.
I hope we can catch up soon.
xoxo

mcjenn said...

Loved your post. Love you, Trev and Maddix! So happy your are cherishing each moment!

Marci and Matt said...

Could you possibly be an cuter?? I loved your post and just adore you to pieces! I wish I could be more like you Abbie =) And holy cow-- Congrats on the new baby news!! I am so excited for you!!!! xoxo

Andrea said...

Abbie! CONGRATS on your pregnancy, how exciting!!! Hope all is well!

Diana said...

I didn't want to have to do this but now i feel forced...please blog! I know you have stuff to blog about. K, have a good christmas. Miss you, Di

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...