Friday, April 22, 2011

(There are lots of posts to read... so keep on scrolling!)

Life with "Sissy"

"Before you were conceived
I wanted you
Before you were born
I loved you
Before you were here an hour
I would give my life for you
This is the miracle of life.
~ Maureen Hawkins"


I have to start at the beginning...
Pregnancy feels like this long journey, lets face it a long so worth it journey but a process.
Maddix was two weeks early. The first should never be early!
I was on the countdown 3 weeks before my due date.
Walking into the Dr. for my 39 week appointment was a little emotional. Thinking I had a few days left until my due date felt a little crazy . The Doc came in singing "happy due date to you" Trev and I just looked at each other. We thought she wasn't due for another few days. I got more emotional at that point. Overdue, are you kidding me:)
I was effaced 80% and not quite dilated to a 2 this was on April 13th.
Maybe moving into our new home would do the trick. All that lifting and cleaning had to do something right?
Finally the morning of April 16th!!!
I woke up at 6:30 to my sweet baby boy. I got out of bed and instantly realized my water had broke. Trev was on his way into Madd's room in hopes of soothing him into another few hours of much needed sleep.
Instead... I told him to grab the bags because this babe was on her way.
I literally wabbled, knees touching with a towel between my legs to the car. Trevor had to do all the packing. Every step I took made that water leak even more. So we headed to the hospital with me perched on my big folded towel!
The weather was a little chilly but the sunsrise was perfect.
I was checked in right away. We settled into our room, ran through the mile high questionaire with the nurse and reality sunk in.
This is it our little girl will be here today! I can't describe my happiness and anxiety. You wait all this time for your tiny love and now the day is here.
I grabbed some breakfast and started my hours and hours of walking the halls.
Trevor my amazing doula Talya, my wonderful mom and super supportive sisters (my mother in law was able to be there for the first part) were all there to take walking shifts and to be my completely amazing support system.
After about 6 hours of walking I felt like I was getting closer to her coming. Things were getting a little more "feely". I decided to head to my room and get into my hypnobirthing relaxation. I layed on my side, put my headphones in (hypnobabies is amazing!) and went into my own little world totally zoning out everything.
Let me explain my amazing support. Talya calmed me down with her words of encouragement, massage, techniques to get the baby here quicker and her knowledge of birthing. Trev and my mom and sisters massaged me, gave me water and were there for some good moral support. When I would have a contraction I would squeeze Trev's hand a few times Talya and Jessi would counter act the pressure by pushing on my hips/butt and knee (amazingly helpful) I don't know how long this went on. I was in my zone:)
I finally got to a point where I knew I would be pushing soon.... From what Trev said (I was completely silent until I sat up and said "I need to push, I need to push" There is no stronger feeling than that. When it's time, it's time!
A few pushes later the doc said "stop pushing" what!!! How can I stop. Later I found out that the cord was wrapped around her neck.
Finally our baby girl was here. Trevor was so lucky and was able to deliver her. Her daddy was the first one to hold her. Thanks to a good Doc who let that happen.
I was IN LOVE the second that slimy little black haired baby was layed on my belly. I just remember saying over and over "I love you, I love you" How is it that you can be so in love with this little human the second you lay eyes on them?
She needed a little Oxygen to get her sats up, after that I was able to feed her for the first time.
What a completely amazing experience.
If anyone is interested in hypnobirthing or having a doula at your birth go to Talya's web site peacefulbirthing.com . I was so happy with my experience. Having both babies this way was so amazing. I couldn't have done it without my support system... Thank You!!!

Now pictures of miss Vivian Faith McGinty
or as Maddi calls her "Vibi and sissy"

My Wonderful support team.
My Mom, sisters, doula and mother-in-law
Photobucket

Me in all my glory:)
Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my "hospital" memory.
What would a birth story be without a giant hospital mug!
Photobucket

Photobucket

"AAAWAAA" Maddix has his kissing sound effect right before a HUGE wet kiss. He literally kisses her about 50 times a day.
As soon as he wakes up he runs in our room and says "hold you sissy"
I am amazed at how much this boy loves and instantly bonded with her.
Photobucket

Spending a little time talking with his baby sis.
Photobucket

The unofficial photo shoot. I still haven't had a chance to make it to our studio. Throwing my bedspread over a rocker did the trick for now!


Photobucket

Photobucket

13 comments :

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures! They are so sweet! You will have to do mine again for this next baby!

summer anderson said...

Vivi is beautiful, Abbie! Of course! Fun pictures. I'm so happy for you guys and that Vivi is healthy and strong. Love you!

Shawna said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl! She's beautiful! I think she looks a lot like Maddix!

Diana said...

Awesome Abbs! She is so tiny & cute. She reminds me so much of maddix as a newborn. Plus, again I will share that I LOVE her name. It's beautiful & so is she.

JOE BURNS said...

I can't believe they are ever that small. I love the picture of her in Trevor's hands. Congrats you two.

Richae said...

Oh I'm so happy for you! It seems like yesterday we were both struggling for one, now you have two and I've almost got one (so close)! Time flies and life is so good! I hope I get to meet her soon!

jessica&john.com said...

I am crying right now. This is so beautiful Abbie! Thanks for sharing.

matheson memories said...

Thank you for letting me be a part of your birth. What a beautiful spirit Vivi is and to such amazing parents. How lucky is she?
Talya

mcjenn said...

What a great update. Love all the pictures - such a beautiful family. I need copy of the last one, Madds with the tie and Viv in her leg-warmers.
Love you all!

mcjenn said...

What a great update. Love all the pictures - such a beautiful family. I need copy of the last one, Madds with the tie and Viv in her leg-warmers.
Love you all!

Lindsay Kay said...

Congratulations Ab! She is beautiful and I am so glad that everything went so well. We will have to come see that little one soon.:)

jessica&john.com said...

I LOVE your new header. So cute!
I can't wait to see more pictures of Vivi. I keep checking your blog. I am sure your hands are full with your little ones.
I hope you're doing well.

Clenece said...

She looks so beautiful...Congrats again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...